Saturday, February 11, 2012

Paper Hearts


I went to bed last night with a headache and sore throat, but woke up to a great day.  I logged into my email this morning to discover that my up-cycled blanket was featured at knockoffdecor.com! I was so very excited!  I have a "I was featured here" button now (my first one).  So, instantly, my day became awesome.


Since I didn't have to work and the world is covered in a think blanket of snow today, I had to find a way to entertain myself at home.  In my kitchen cupboard, I found a Christmas cookie pop kit from the clearance section at Target for 70% off.  It came home with me a month ago to keep me busy on a day like this.  With a little pink icing, they have been magically transformed into winter Valentine's cookies.  Its kind of a stretch, but they taste really good, even if they look a little hokey.





I was also inspired to make paper heart garland by this post at ohsocrafty.blogspot.com.  I cut one hundred and fifty five hearts out of magazine pages (it took way less time than you would think).  I spent my morning on the living room floor gluing paper hearts on a string and watching United States of Tara.  It was a good day off.

Beautiful!




















No comments:

Post a Comment