Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Foster Kitties: Round Two


After our foster kitten family went back to the Humane Society to get adopted, I had no plans to foster kitties again until many, many years from now. I figured we should probably have more free time, a big house, and I don't know... maybe a maid. So that was the plan,and then Patrick brought home these little guys. Welcome to Kitty Foster Care: Round Two.
They're already a month and a half old, so we won't be bottle feeding them, and we'll only have them for two weeks.  I named them after the Daemons from The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman.  Just in case you aren't familiar with the book, Daemons are the little animal friends of human characters.
They're kind of like the side kicks in Disney movies (think Abu from Aladdin or Flounder from The Little Mermaid), only a bit more serious; in the bok, a Daemon is supposed to be the physical form of the human soul, or something like that.  The gray and white kitty is Pan (short for Pantalaimon) and the fluffy black one is Stella (short for Stelmaria).

Pan had a gray and white sister when they arrived at the Humane Society, but sadly, she didn't make it.  She and Pan were close, and I think he misses her.  He sleeps on my computer, because its warm and has bonded with Meatball (we call him Uncle Meaty).  Sometimes Meatball gives him a bath, which is adorable, until Pan tries to find one of Meatball's nipples.  That weirds him out and then Meatball usually runs away.
Stella is a tiny ball of black fur.  She looks sweet, but she's wild.  She makes this funny growling sound when she eats, and has the bad habit of standing in her wet food.  Pan and Stella are buddies now, I hope they get adopted together.  She's also kind of stinky (probably from standing in her food) and I might have to give her a bath, which I'm not looking forward to.  We call her Stella Smella.  Sometimes she falls asleep sitting up, which is probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment