Saturday, May 2, 2015

April Adventures

April proved to be a great month in the 2015 Year of Adventures.

Patrick and I drove to gorgeous Boulder, Colorado for a tour of the Celestial Seasonings Tea Factory.
Unfortunately, photography is strictly prohibited in the production area, but you should know:
 - there is an area used exclusively for the storage of mint that smells so intensely that my eyes watered
- Celestial Seasonings has a professional taste tester who approves every batch
 - before taking the tour, visitors are invited to sample literally every tea they sell, including kombucha! 
Shhhh! We're sleepy...
After our tea tour, we trekked up into the mountains to wade in the most beautiful, enchanting creek I have ever seen in my life.  
The only way I can think to describe it is to say that everything - the water, rocks, trees, all of it - seemed to glitter.  Seriously, it was a magical experience. 
 I found a copy of Olivia at a used book store before popping into Rocket Fizz, a quirky candy & toy shop, to try on this zombie horse mask.
 One of my favorite adventures so far has been the Vegan Prom at the Mercury Cafe in Denver.
A 90's cover band played the event, so I took this opportunity to dress full-1990's with a velvet dress, pearls, and a french twist.
  A caricature artist made this adorable drawing of us (another new adventure), then we danced the night away to the Goo goo Dolls, Nirvana, and Sublime. It was a blast!


No comments:

Post a Comment