Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 16 ~ 30 Days of Nothing Challenge

Day 16

Today we ate the last of the strata for Breakfast.  That means I will need to come up with something new to make.  Patrick also made juice with some fruit and veggie scraps after I went to work. I  saved carrot scraps from the potpie, a slice of leftover watermelon, and the cucumber and mint leaves from Sunday night's flavored water.

I thought it would taste delicious, but Patrick said it was kind of crappy.  As it turns out: water logged cucumber and mint do NOT make good juice - especially not after sitting in the fridge for four days . Good to know.



There were no dinner leftovers, so we had to make Lunch.  I guess I've been spoiled, because waking up early to make food pretty much sucked.  Before getting out of bed, I spent a good five minutes pondering how bad work would actually be without a mid day meal.  In the end, I got my butt out of bed and made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, frozen veggies in a leftover container with butter and seasoning, and trail mix.  Patrick actually made the trail mix.  It consisted of almonds, raisins, and Kashi cereal.  This was my least favorite meal so far.  Before this month, when I imagined packing a boring, bland lunch, this is what I had in mind.
To make up for it, Dinner was much better.  My wonderful sister in law sent us a bunch of different gift cards for Christmas last year, including one for Panara for $15.  We don't live near a Panara, so its been waiting in my desk drawer for months.  On his way home from work, Patrick brought home two giant salads:   Steak and Blue Cheese and Thai Chopped Chicken (minus the steak and chicken).  He also brought bread and an apple to split, leaving something like .17 cents on the gift card.  We ate half the salads for dinner and saved half of each for lunch tomorrow.  They were sooooo good, I can't even tell you.  I think I'm in love with Panara.  I savored every bite of those not-made-by-me salads and went to bed thinking about how good the other half will taste the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment