Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 20 ~ 30 Days of Nothing Challenge


Day 20



My Breakfast today was leftover Cheesecake.  I know, its awful and unhealthy, but it tasted so good.  Patrick made juice with some of his farmer's market birthday veggies.

After breakfast, we packed a Lunch of sandwiches (made with leftover fried fish), a bag of goldfish crackers, water bottles, then headed to the beach!



I've eaten enough fish this week, so for Dinner I made potato salad and Lazy Vegetarian Sloppy Joes with leftover spinach salad on the side.  This is the way I always make sloppy joes, and its just about the laziest recipe you can think up:











Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
1 package of Morningstar 'Meat' Crumbles
1 15.5oz. can of Sloppy joe sauce
8 slices of bread

Directions:
Heat meat crumbles and sloppy joe sauce in a pan.  Stir often.
Toast the bread
Spoon mixture onto toast and enjoy.
Really, that's it.

The potato salad recipe is from a Kraft magazine.  Its actually a three step recipe with various ingredients to choose from.  I just think this is such a fun idea, so I scanned in the pages for you to check out (below).


I'm not sure what type of potatoes I used; they were small and from the farmer's market box.  For sauce, I used a little bottle of Caesar dressing from a Kraft Sizzling Salad kit I bought from the dollar store in June.  I've been waiting for a good time to use it, and potato salad was a good choice.  My add-ins were green onion from the garden, a small red pepper, and 'bacon' bits (the kind made with no meat products).






No comments:

Post a Comment