Friday, August 17, 2012

Good{will outlet} Friday #25 ~ Inspired by Ash and Dans

Ash and Dans is an online store that features beautiful scarves.  I'm sure I've mentioned this about 1,000,000 times, but for some reason I love scarves. 



 They keep me warm and actually look nice.  If I could get away with it, I'd wear them with fuzzy mittens, and thick wool socks any day the thermometer read below 70 degrees.  Today was definitely one of those days.  I really like this beautiful jersey Infinity Scarf with Rose Patches along with the rest of the model's outfit.  The Ash and Dans version sells for $150, but my entire outfit (from Goodwill Outlet Center) cost less than five dollars.

This pinkish-sand colored scarf is super long and soft and gorgeous.  Mine isn't an infinity scarf, but I used safety pins to temporarily make it into one.

<-- Here's how.  Its easy!

For flower embellishments, I used leftover petals from the wedding bouquet and clip on earrings.  The flower pins are actually barrettes.  I've been collecting flowers and creating hair clips with them since I discovered the Outlet Center a few years ago.  You can find plenty of flowers in the bins and the barrettes are so easy to make.  One of these days I'll post a quick tutorial.

If you've ever peeked at my Pinterest boards, then you might have guessed that I like these colors together.  The minty green jacket has been in my closet forever (one of my first Outlet Center finds) and I still get compliments.  Like scarves, I already have many, many tank tops, but this particular top has a woven pattern with gold thread that adds just a little of sparkle.  The fabric is thin and the shiny thread makes it look more delicate and high-end than your regular cotton tank top.  I'm a sucker for anything with interesting texture.

If you're looking for a pair of cute flats, check the blue bins.  I scooped up this silver pair in the spring, but have seen dozens since.  I've had to stop looking at shoes because I already have more flats than I can wear.  But jewelry, on the other hand, I will always buy.  Turquoise is very trendy right now, so I was surprised that no one else noticed this great little bracelet.   My belt is the opposite of trendy.  Its basic - and almost manly - but it keeps my pants up, so I wear it whenever a cute belt just isn't going to do the job.

This is my favorite pair of wide leg jeans right now because they're dark and look almost brand new. It can be challenging to find nice, new jeans at the Outlet Center because once you find a pair you like, you wear them until they fall apart.  Once they become worn out, or just too inappropriate to wear any longer, they are tossed into the trash rather than donated.

**But did you know: you can donate any clothing, even if its worn out? The non-sell-able articles are sent to third world countries and the fibers are used to make new clothing
All of these items were purchased from Goodwill Outlet Center, but here's who made them:

jacket, Merona
jeans, Gap Jeans
tank top, Mauve
shoes, Gap
scarf, no brand
belt, Express
bracelet, no brand

No comments:

Post a Comment