Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Good{will outlet} Friday #24 ~ Inspired by Anthropologie

Well, this has been a busy week.  So busy, in fact, that Friday had to be postponed all the way until Wednesday.  Better late than never, right?


I've been looking forward to wearing this week's outfit for a very long time.  I'm smitten by this beautiful green Over and Under Dress from one of my favorite stores, Anthropologie.  Its gorgeous!  When I found a similar dress, I was beyond excited.  My version and all of the accessories are from Goodwill Outlet Center.  The complete outfit - shoes and all - cost less than five dollars.

Once in a while, when I'm shopping at the Outlet Center, I'll notice something in another person's cart that I would absolutely die for.  Sometimes I stalk the unsuspecting shopper from across the room, wishing with all my might that they'll suddenly change their mind and toss the treasure back into the bin.  Other times, I get so frustrated that I can feel my cheeks burning and I have to force myself to take a five minute break at the drinking fountain.  The last experience like that included three pairs of pristine leather boots from ALDO.  And, sadly, the girl didn't decide to throw them back.



The day I found this green dress, I pulled it from the bin and held it against my shoulders to check the size.  When I glanced up, three jealous faces were glaring back at me.  One lady even left her cart in line to run over and dig through the bin next to me hoping to discover something similar.  It's not exactly the same as the Anthropologie dress, but very close.  My black shoes aren't as dressy or detailed as the heels in the image, but they are versatile and very comfortable.  In my opinion, what really makes the model's outfit work are the elaborate necklaces.  Both of my necklaces are handmade with scavenged jewelry and other items from those blue bins. The gold beaded necklace was actually a gorgeous Christmas ornament.  With two gold rings and some black velvet ribbon, I made it into a pretty statement necklace that ties in the back.  The other necklace was created with plastic beads, chain, and ribbon (tutorial).



All of these items were purchased from Goodwill Outlet Center, but here's who made them:

dress, George
shoes, Naturalizer
necklaces, handmade by me












2 comments:

  1. i adore these posts! keep them coming girl! www.theyearofslowfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!I just checked out your blog and I love it! What a great idea! If you haven't visited the Outlet Center yet, you absolutely should, its a great place to find little projects!

      Delete