Saturday, June 15, 2013

Good{will outlet} Friday #46 ~ Inspired by Style Lately

I have been waiting a long time to show the world this maxi skirt.



I found it forever ago and wear it all the time. I stumbled across this gorgeous hot pink maxi skirt at Style Lately and felt inspired to copy the outfit and make a tribal print hippie headband.


Not only do I enjoy this bright, breezy outfit, but the photo is amazing as well.  Doesn't it remind you of hot afternoons filled with parades and fireworks and festivals?


The clothing and accessories used to make my version of this outfit were all purchased at Goodwill Outlet Center for less than ten dollars.

The headband is made from a scrap of fabric that I found last week.  If you like to sew, the Outlet Center is a great place to find material.  You can buy anything from tiny scraps to entire bolts containing yards of material, or damaged clothing to re-purpose.  I made the bullet necklace last week (tutorial here) with an empty shell - also from one of those blue bins.
All of these items were purchased from Goodwill Outlet Center, but here's who made them:

Tank top, Hollister
Skirt, Grace Elements
Sandals, American Eagle Outfitters
Headband, made by me
Necklace, made by me

No comments:

Post a Comment