Monday, January 26, 2015

#100HappyDays

If you are an Instagram user, then you may have noticed the #100HappyDay trend.  
The goal here is to post a photo of something that makes you happy every single day - for 100 days in a row with the hash tag #100HappyDays.  I did it, and I totally think you should do it too.
Now, I know what you're thinking: this sounds tedious and pointless.  But think about it: there has to be at least one thing that makes you happy every day, right?  Even if it's something as simple as doughnuts in the staff lounge (those make me VERY happy, by the way).  This challenge really pushed me to become aware and take note of the ordinary things that lift my spirit. Some days, I really had to look for them, but there's always at least one little moment that brightens my day.  On more than one occasion, being conscious of that one little thing actually made a crappy day feel slightly better.  To participate, you don't have to create exciting daily events or take dozens of photos.  All you need to do is take a quick second to think about your experience and be in the moment.  It's simple, really.
What is brightening your day right now? 
Here are my 100 happy days, staring with day 1.
Some of my happiest moments included:

Feeding giraffes at the Cheyanne Mountain Zoo with Patrick

Watching Disney movies with my cat on Saturday morning
Painting a mural in my niece's playroom
Dressing up on Halloween
Finding my name (finally) on a Coke bottle
I completed the challenge in November, and I like looking back on those 100 happy moments.  They would probably be lost to me forever if I hadn't recorded them.

A few weeks ago, I started another challenge called #100HappierDays to keep the awareness going.
Did you participate in this trend?
What little things make you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment