Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 ~ The Year of Adventure

Happy 2015!

For 2014, I had two resolutions: 

1. To write at least one blog post every week (aaaannnnnnnd I'm still...working on that one...)

and

2. To spend more time outside.

I did very well with the second resolution.
Colorado has so many gorgeous places to explore and discover.  As you can see, I also discovered Instagram - yay technology!  This has been a good year.
I decided that 2015 will be The Year of Adventure.
My goals for the new year are:

1. To try all kids of new things!
On New Year's Eve, we participated in an improv show at the Black Box Theatre.  This was my first experience with improv and it was equal parts fun and extremely awkward.  I'm looking forward to many more fun/awkward events this year to push me out of my comfort zone.

and

2. To live more consciously and to take better care of my body and mind.

I'm taking a class called The Sacred Pilgrimage that focuses on awareness and ego consciousness.
I'm also going to try meditating more often.  Honestly, mediation is a difficult concept for me.  I consider myself a multitask-er to the extreme.  I am able to utilize almost every spare minute of my day.  Weather I am making to-do lists on my phone as I wait on prescriptions or I'm brainstorming ideas for school during my morning run, my mind is always busy.  Meditation is all about clearing your mind.  Like - that is the entire idea here: to think about nothing.
Nothing?  How do people even do that?
Well, speaking of awkward experiences, I am about to find out because I found a group to meditate with every Sunday.  Wish me luck!

What are your goals and resolutions for 2015?




No comments:

Post a Comment