Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My first workshop - Library Book Valentines!

I am teaching my first ever workshop next month!

On quiet afternoons (after all the kids go home), I look forward to sifting through very old library books and pulling out the vintage checkout cards that hide in the back.  Some of them were stamped as far back as the early 1970's! By finding two or three every afternoon for the last year and a half, my collection has slowly grown to around two hundred cards - maybe even more! With no immediate plans in mind, I tucked them away just in case some special opportunity came along to re-purpose them. 
That opportunity popped up last week when I met Aimee at the winter photo walk.  Aimee happens to be the owner of an adorable new art studio located in downtown Colorado Springs called Heartseed.
On February 7th, Heartseed will host my very first workshop !  It will be all about creating valentines with illustrations snipped from vintage books and these lovely authentic library checkout cards!
  Here is the class description:

“Dewey” belong together?
Come join us as we crack open vintage library books to create a set of unique valentine cards! We’ll flip through the worn pages of old, well-loved children’s books to discover the perfect art and illustrations. These old-school cards & card pockets were carefully plucked from the back of actual library books circulated in the 1970's and 80's in a local elementary school where they’ve been patiently waiting for you to come along and breathe new life into them. 

I would love for you to join us!
Here is the link.


No comments:

Post a Comment