Saturday, December 22, 2012

12 Days of Recycled Christmas Ornaments (DIY) #7 ~ Swan Feather

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
Seven Swans A-swimming...
Okay, so in theory this 12 Days of Recycled Christmas Ornaments thing was a great idea, but in reality...well...in reality: December is no time to add projects to your plate.   I'm sorry I couldn't keep up with it, maybe I'll try this again next year.  Here's my last ornament :)
Swans are pretty, but I'm afraid of them.  This attractive and easy  recycled ornament is made from an envelope.  Here's how to make one:


You will need:
white envelope
ribbon
string
scissors










Take a section of the envelope and fold it in half.  Cut a pea pod shape from the folded paper with a stem.  The crease will be the spine of your feather.
Use the scissors to make 'fringe' by cutting thin slits into the rounded edge - not the folded edge. 
Be sure not to cut all the way through. 
Carefully unfold the feather.
Fold the stem over and glue to make a paper loop at the end of your feather. Pull the embroidery thread through and tie the end to make a loop for hanging.  
Embellish with ribbon, beads, or whatever you have around.

No comments:

Post a Comment