Monday, December 21, 2015

Quick & Easy Stocking Stuffers and a Few of my Favorite Things

You now have only FOUR days to get those stockings stuffed!
Here, let me help you with that.

With December 25th looming juuuuuust around the corner, every day feels like Black Friday out there. At this current moment, shopping is right up there with spraining my ankle or waxing my legs.  Congested parking lots are the things nightmares are made of, or at least my nightmares anyway.
So here are a few super easy, last minute stocking stuffers to craft in the comfort of your own home:

Pencils, pipe, cleaners and a glue gun, boom: done!


Paint, ribbon, and a cardboard box lid from your recycling bin.

Dog chain, drill, and pieces from an old board game.

Inexpensive wooden hearts, paint, and a magnet.

 Bobby pins and nail polish (not just for St. Patrick's Day)

Now, if you absolutely MUST travel to a store in the next few days - and if you do, I'm so sorry - let me tell you about a few of my favorite things.  All of them are from Trader Joe's, because I love that place and all of them are awesome.
First of all, here are two important facts you should know about me:

1. Oreos are one of my favorite foods on the planet. I can't explain it, but I have this deep, bottomless love for them, especially after they've been dunked in almond milk.

2.  In June, I stopped eating gluten as suggested by my doctor for medical reasons.
...so, as you can imagine...that really sucked.
UNTIL I found these gluten free peppermint Joe-Joe's.  They are just as crunchy and chocolatey as the real thing, but with more cream!  It's a Christmas miracle. I'm hoping they'll carry regular gluten free Joe-Joe's after the holidays.  
Also - if you haven't tried these frozen chocolate covered banana slices, you are doing yourself a major disservice. Other chocolate covered frozen fruit brands are okay, but these are worth your time.  Somehow, the Trader Joe's version is just better.  I've discussed this with other chocolate covered banana lovers and we think it's the chocolate-to-banana ratio: thinner slices, more chocolate.
Clementines are my healthy alternative to candy (or really, just what I eat with my candy) and let's talk about dates! Dates! Have you eaten a date before?  
They taste like...magic, that's all I can say about it.  On impulse, I bought a pack from my regular grocery store a few months ago and I can't stop thinking about them.  I was thrilled to find Trader Joe's dates in with their seasonal merchandise. Don't be fooled: I know they look like an oversized wrinkly brown raisin but they are so much more than that.  
P.S. Trader Joe's did not compensate me to write any part of this post, but, uh, I'd be open to working something out, Mr. Trader Joe... *wink*wink* ...especially if it involved free food...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment